Don’t Just Be Cool — Be Kakkoii (格好いい) with Your Japanese T-shirts!
|Godzilla + Tsunami + Mt. Fuji||Godzilla + Warship||King Ghidorah + Tsunami|
Made from 100% cotton, these officially licensed Toho Products combine images from Hokusai’s famous Ukiyo-e prints with the modern Godzilla to show your deep appreciation of Japanese culture and history. The Japanese text is simple and puts a clever twist on Hokusai’s work. It reads: “富嶽三十六景大怪獣ノ図” (closeup image). Another interesting twist with these T-shirts is that the design is ON THE BACK. The front is adored with a small “GODZILLA” mark over the chest.
- Great design: Traditional and modern Japan in one shirt
- Officially licensed product
- 100% soft cotton, great fabric feel
- Refined: No outrageous Japanese phrases
- Give off a little bit of an otaku (nerdish) vibe
- Pricey due to being an officially licensed product
Also Great — Sushi and Takoyaki Octopus!
Vintage Japanese Brands for a Natsukashii (懐かしい) Feel
|Sapporo Beer||Yebisu Beer||Sakura Beer||Ichigo (Strawberry) Milk |
These designs of long-established Japanese beer brands (Sapporo, Yebisu, and Sakura) and drinks (Ichigo Milk) will draw friendly smiles of recognition from your Japanese friends. The fabric is not as good as the Godzilla T-shirts, but you can get these for about half the price! These designs will present an image of you as someone who has known Japan for a long time.
- Subtle, low-key feel
- Reasonable price
- Meaning may pass over the heads of your American friends (Sapporo and Yebisu T-shirts don't even have "beer" in English!)
- Cheaper fabric